Friday, July 28, 2006

Production is Fun

My writing goes like this: I write about 2 poems a day now and then hope that one per week is any good. I've never been a big reviser, though when I do, I can obtain good results. I just keep producing, it seems easier than angsting over one particular poem. (Do I use "I" too much in my posts?) Is this the best way for me? How do other people produce works (an hour of writing a day? when inspiration strikes?) Of course, like any writer, I'm neurotic as hell, and this seems to be the best way to keep writing while staying in my right mind. What I do now is just shuffle to a page in random from a poetry collection, write down the first words I see, and put them as my title. Then I write my poem. That way, the subject comes from outside me, and I don't have to worry about what to write about. What I'm reading right now: A.R. Ammons, Selected Poems, David Lehman, Editor; and The Oblivion Ha Ha by James Tate. Going to see Of Montreal on Saturday. I can't wait, even if it's in a crummy venue. They kicked ass on a tour I saw them on a few years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home