Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Random Post

I'm not drunk right now. I don't actually drink that much, when I do. Some people in college, though, years ago, never saw me except when I was drunk. They thought that was who I was. But now I like Diet Coke, despite Coca Cola's environmental destruction in parts of the world. There are worse addictions, I guess. I had a beard, too, that I never shaved. A cuckoo bird may have lived in it. A friend told me it once talked to him as I slept on the floor and he was trying to get a beer from the fridge. This story is not verifiable, though. No one else heard it. I'm writing, writing a lot, but I can't seem to get the linguistic energy I had in previous works. It comes and goes, I guess.

1 Comments:

Blogger Don said...

I agree with you that sometimes when I look back at work, which initially seemed crappy, it does look better. I think a good cure for me is to read more poetry; that'll keep me in touch with powerful/creative language.
I want to write more memoir stuff -- maybe on the blog.
I am biting that ass as hard as I can, but it's a big ass. Jack, you want to help out some? Take a big chew, too.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home